Teluk Bahang | TakaFuji | Touge Trial
It’s been a while i’m not update this WebLog and here is it. The latest update of touge journey in one of the most cruel touge spot in Malaysia. Teluk Bahang, which located in north west of Penang Island which closed to Batu Ferringhi. The course is pretty extreme for outsider like me which can’t predict what is up ahead of the corner. How was is the corner geography and how to tackle it neatly. For sure i just hit the gas and turn the wheel “ikot Suke”. But i still to be fast on certain place, but the surface not allowed me to be crazy as i solo drive at Gombak – Sempah touge. With a good manner, i 50-50 surrender the the hill.. hahaha… ITS MY FIRST TIME BABE!
There is two route for outsider visit Telok Bahang, which i used is the long way, from Tanjung Tokong, then touge a little bit at Batu Ferringhi then arrived at Dam. Other route is from Gelugor/Bayan Lepas to Jalan Tun Sardon then head up to Balik Pulau and reach Kg. Sg Pinang. You can choose which route you want to start first.
The road condition is acceptable for touge, and i like it. Be alert to animal such like dog or else. and not forget to vehicle which maybe park around corners. Bla bla bla.. here my tentative :
March 11’ 2011
- Went to Sg.Petani, depart from KL at 9.15PM. Used old route, from Ulu Yam to Behrang and exit to Highway.
- Thought it will be fast route, but forgot.. ahh School Holiday has been started. Too many vehicle on the highway with rainy night. Very-bery slow moving from KL till Seberang Prai.
- Average speed : 70kmh Max Speed : 100kph Min Speed : 30kph
- Arrived at Cuz house in Sg.Petani about 4.05am. Sleep at 5.50am then woke-up at 8.12am. hoho
- Follow Cuz to andaman for his wedding suit etc + photoshoot. Eat Knduri then back rest and sleep for a while 5.30pm to 7pm.
March 12’ 2011
- Lepak with Cuz talk about religious and life matter
- At 1.45am I prepare videocam and camera for Teluk Bahang Trial
- Went out to Teluk Bahang at 2.15am, via PLUS highway to Penang Bridge
- Take some video and photo shot while cruising on the Penang Bridge.
- Had a roadblock at Penang – Seberang Prai bound
- Head-up to Teluk Bahang via Batu Ferringhi.
- Batu Ferringhi Touge was amazing thou. Had fun drive with 2 local car. A lady with 206 and 2 chinese guys in black DC5
- Arrived at Teluk Bahang damp, if check from video time, at 3:25
- Had 2 Salem and shot video and photo
- Got some local people lepak there and drinking pleasure time with friend
- Teluk Bahang to Kg. Sg. Pinang Touge start at 3:50am
- Start hike-up a little and downhill about 400m, then a sharp right turn waiting me ahead.
- Then hike-up session start again and it’s continuous corner. At first start you will meet long sharp turn, then come very tight bridge.
- I try to throttle a bit more. Ahh.. under RPM 4, i’m deadmeat to hike the hill.
- A lot of risk corner in Teluk bahang. The road rhythm also not easy to handle. Need proper suspension system and proper tuned car to tackle this mount neatly.
- In here, its about you(driver), againts Hill and House. Haha
- Arrived at Kampung Sungai Pinang jucntion at about 4:00am sharp. Take rest about 10 minutes and light up another Salem and Mild7. While lepak, got a local car, Proton Saga with little fast enter the dungeon. Solo driver also with cap on his head. Maybe he want sent “sayur” to Hotel at Batu Ferringhi kot. Huhu
- At 4:10am I switched on back handycam and turn it to recording mode. I move out at 4:11am. Try to challenge the hill my self. Vrroooommm! Still not fast.. hahaha!
- Reach back at Teluk Bahang Dam at 4:2xam. Switch Off handycam, and ready back to Sg. Petani
- Total Route from Sg.Petani – Teluk Bahang – Kg. Sg. Pinang – Teluk Bahang – Sg.Petani = 88.4km x 2 = 176.8KM
- Arrive home : 5:35am. Everyone already sleep and I got no key. So I plan to sleep in Violet. Haha. Woke up back at 8.15am
- End Of Journey – Wonderful Great Route Of Penang and Malaysia. Route B to A more syiok :p
- Selamat Pengantin Baru to my Cuz – Azmin (Atan) and his wife Fiza. May Allah bless your Marriage and have wonderful life and happy together 🙂
End Of Naration
Photos : Photo Slideshow
Route : A to B [ Teluk Bahang to Balik Pulau]
Route : B to A [Balik Pulau to Teluk bahang]
I like this More. haha! downhill babe